Six students from Kingsley High School were recognised for their outstanding progress within the school, above and beyond the curriculum, during the year from Spring 2012 to Autumn 2013. All the winners were invited to this year’s Awards Evening at the Harrow Arts Centre on 16 January 2014. The event is a celebration of music, dance and achievement of young people all across Harrow, and it is great that Kingsley’s students take part on an equal basis meeting fellow winners from mainstream schools.
The winners all received a framed certificate and badge, membership of the Jack Petchey Foundation Achievers Community and £200 to be spent on something of their choice that will benefit all the students at Kingsley High School.
Kingsley High school students were awarded for:
- Always exhibiting a caring attitude towards his less able peers
- Good developments in communication using gesture and vocalisation For walking well around the school.
- For making friends in C3, much improved interaction with staff and students and especially showing great excitement & anticipation each time he’s shown the hydro pool photo!!
- Excellent attention in lessons and making great progress with his vocalisations
- Reflecting on his learning behaviour with maturity
Congratulations to all.