About the Governing Body
KINGSLEY HIGH SCHOOL GOVERNING BODY
Kingsley High School’s Governors work as a team. They are responsible for making sure the school provides a good quality education for all pupils. Raising educational standards in school is a key priority.
Our Governors promote effective ways of teaching and learning when setting the school aims and policies. They do this together with the head teacher, who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school.
Kingsley High School’s Governing body is accountable to parents, the local community and the Local Authority. The governing body's main role is to help raise pupils' standards of achievement.
The Governing Body:
- is accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community
- plans the school's future direction
- makes decisions on the school's budget
- makes sure the agreed Curriculum is well taught
- decides how the school can encourage pupils' spiritual, moral and cultural development
- makes sure the school provides for all pupils.
- ensures our pupils “Enjoy and Achieve”